How to block emails in Gmail? If you are an active user of the Internet, you often visit different websites with different offers. Periodically, you subscribe to these websites with your Gmail address. After that you receive on your email interesting offers, but, mostly, it is a stuff that you don’t want to read. The normal websites send newsletters once in a few days or a week, but there are those who send emails on a daily basis, even a few per day. Is it possible to send these emails automatically to the Gmail folder “Spam”, in order to be deleted? It turns out that you can, and if you want to do this, it is not difficult. This guide will show you how to block emails in Gmail?
Gmail is getting two new features today on the web and on the Android app which users are certainly going to appreciate. Users are now able to block specific email addresses in Gmail so that they no longer receive emails from someone they don’t want to receive emails from. Emails from blocked addresses will automatically be dumped into the spam folder; users will always have the option to unlock that address through Settings whenever they feel like it.
This is a novel feature, one that’s going to solve many problems from many users. It’s not uncommon to be pestered with email from someone you wish didn’t email you so often, block that specific email address provides an easy way out since the emails are automatically sent to the spam folder which doesn’t really require your attention.
How to Block Emails in Gmail?
Blocking an email address in Gmail’s web client is fairly easy. Here’s how to do it:
- First, open up Gmail on your preferred browser and log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, go to an email from the sender you want to block. Then, hit the button beside the Reply button. From that options, click on “Block <Sender’s Name>”.
- Then, click “Block” again to confirm that you indeed want to block the email address on Gmail.
- Emails from blocked email address will go into the spam folder from now on, so you can be at peace.
How to Unblock Emails in Gmail?
- If you have managed to accidentally block an email address in Gmail, here’s how you can unblock it in Gmail web.
- Open up Gmail in the browser and log in to your account. Then, go to Gmail Settings by clicking on settings cog icon on the right.
- In the Settings page, go to the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab. Here, you will find all the email addresses you have blocked and you can batch unblock them or unblock them one by one.
- You can also unblock an email address by going to their email and hitting the same button besides Reply and clicking “Unblock <Sender’s Name>“.
In the Filters and Blocked Addresses page, you can even set up filters to make sure that emails with certain subjects, or words, land up in the spam folder.
Block and Unblock Email Address in Gmail app on Android
You can even block email senders in the Gmail app on Android. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Gmail app and open up the email from the sender you want to block.
- Then, tap on the three dot menu button besides the Reply button. From that options, tap on “Block <Sender’s Name>“.
- The sender will then be blocked and the messages from the blocked email address will land in spam.
- To unblock an email address in the Gmail app, you can just open the blocked sender’s email, hit the same three-dot button as above and tap on “Unblock <Sender’s Name>“.
How to Block Emails in Yahoo Mail?
- Login to your Yahoo! Mail.
- Go to the upper-right corner of the page and select Options. Click on Mail Options from the resulting menu.
- In the left pane, select Spam.
- Go to the Blocked Email Addresses section and input the desired address you wish to block into the Add a blocked address Click the Add button.
- The address will be blocked from putting mail in your inbox. If you change your mind, you can easily remove the block by going back to the Blocked Email Addresses, selecting the desired address from the list of addresses and clicking the Remove
How to Block Emails in Outlook?
- Open Outlook and Login to your account.
- Navigate to the ‘Home’ tab.
- Right click a spam email and select Junk.’
- Choose Block Senderto automatically filter this user’s future email to the Junk folder.
How to Block Emails in Hotmail?
To block an email address in Hotmail, simply follow the simple steps
- Log in to your account
- Click the Options menu available on the right hand side of your Inbox
- Select More Options from the menu list.
- Navigate to the Junk e-mail section and click the Safe and blocked senders.
- Under the Safe and blocked senders screen, click the Blocked Senders link.
- You can enter the email address that needs to blocked in Blocked e-mail address or domain text field and click the Add to list
- This would delete the messages from blocked senders automatically.
- You can also block a domain by entering the part of an e-mail address after the @ sign.
Here as a result technologymess has came to a conclusion on Block Emails in Different Mail service providers. I hope you all like this article. Up to my knowledge i gave you a clear information about all the entire article. If you have any queries regarding this article kindly post them in comment box. Kindly help us by sharing this article in social media sites. Thank You.