Free Fax Apps. Wondering on Listening? Yes, absolutely you can send free fax on android. Before that lets have some basic knowledge how we can use fax machines and what was the purpose of them? That time has gone when you needed a fax machine to send and receive fax. Now you can send fax with just an Android Smartphone. It really sounds great as no one want to purchase those expensive and large fax machines when there is a smarter, cheaper and convenient way available. Who could imagine that we’ll be able to fax our documents with the help of a phone and Internet connection? But this era is of smartness. New technologies are kept on evolving and this is one of them.
- 0.1 Why Fax Machines are used?
- 0.2 How free fax apps are useful to us?
- 0.3 Advantages with Free Fax Apps
- 1 List of Free Fax Apps (iOS & Android)
Why Fax Machines are used?
As you already know it’s mainly used to send and receive scanned printed documents that can contain both text and image. Both side fax machines are connected to output device such as printer.
How free fax apps are useful to us?
There are a couple of free fax apps available in the play store which claim to send and receive fax and the only thing needed by them is active Internet connection. That’s it, you’re done. No need to spend a single penny on those King Kong size fax machines. One can send photos, screen shots and pdf files too to any traditional fax machine. You just need fax number then just attach files and hit the send button.
Advantages with Free Fax Apps
The convenience of being able to send a fax from your android device while you are away from the office without the need for conventional fax machines is unquestionable. Whilst the use of faxes in the modern office environment is in decline, it is still advantageous from time to time to have a portable fax machine in your pocket in the form of your android phone.
With the help of the apps below and your android phone you can send a photo, pdf file, spreadsheet or screenshot from your next business trip or client visit. But frankly saying I didn’t find many free fax apps for android. If they are free to download then require in-app purchases. You’ll have to pay if you want to use all the services mentioned in the app. We’ve covered some of the best fax apps (both free and paid) here to send fax from cell phone. You can check them out below.
List of Free Fax Apps (iOS & Android)
Even a simpler method to send faxes over the Internet is using the devices and gadgets which are always with us our smartphones. Please note that although most of these apps are free but to use them to send faxes users need to buy fax credits.
Here are 5 top free fax apps for sending documents and images online:
eFax (iPhone & Android)
Having a portable fax machine at our side anywhere and anytime isn’t a dream – at least for those always needing to send or receive documents – with great features offered by eFax app.
The faxing app lets users scan, sign, send and receive faxes using iPhone, iPad or Android phones and tablets.
- Sending/receiving 150 pages of fax per month
- Users could select their own fax numbers
- Export faxes – online cloud storage could be used for transferring PDF documents.
- Using their phones, users could forward documents by email or fax.
- Google Cloud Print could be used to print faxes.
- Unlimited fax storage is provided to users so that they could archive and store any faxes online.
- Without any printing, it is possible to edit and sign faxes after receiving them.
- Supporting multiple file types such as JPG, JPEG, PPT, DOC, PDF, etc.
Please note that some of the features might differ slightly in iOS and Android versions.
RingCentral Free Fax App (iPhone & Android)
Although more than just an app for online faxing, RingCentral is definetly on our list for so many great features it comes with especially for users already using RingCentral business phone system.
There are so many benefits for using the app such as:
- Call queues
- Call screening
- Custom greetings
- Internet fax
- Visual voicemail
- Advanced answering rules and call management
- Multiple extensions
- VoIP calls over Wi-Fi
- When making calls, RingCentral business number showing as user’s caller ID
FaxFile Free Fax App (iPhone & Android)
Entering a fax number and selecting a file to be faxed is all needed for sending a fax with a smartphone using FaxFile application.
Please note that in order to use this app to send faxes, fax credits should be purchased through the app. Also, before buying credits, it is recommended to check the prices and supported countries for international faxes.
- Document transfer (from various apps) and direct image capture (scan) is supported.
- Google Drive, Apple’s iCloud Drive storage, OneDrive, Dropbox and Box could be browsed directly for documents which are fax compatible.
- It is possible to use the app to send multiple documents or files to multiple recipients at the same time.
- Compatible with both direct dial non-toll free and toll-free numbers.
iFax (iPhone & Android)
iFax is another great online faxing app for Android and iPhone which allows users to receive and send fax documents with no fax machine. By viewing its features I included it in best free fax apps for android.
Some of the features include:
- No personal details or account needed to receive/send faxes
- Incoming fax number (users could get free fax number with a 7-day trial – toll-free or local fax numbers available in many countries including USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.)
- Compatible with cloud storage platforms (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox)
- No printing needed for filling forms, signing documents and faxing them
- Document scanner – images could be attached using camera or from photo library
Fax costs depend on the destination and number of pages. Discounted prices are offered to buy fax credits (payable with PayPal or Google Wallet).
CamScanner (iPhone & Android)
As one of the most downloaded and top reviewed document scanning and sharing apps, CamScanner offers lots of useful options and features including internet faxing services.
Across the world, CamScanner could help users to scan and manage books, articles, PPTs, letters, scripts, notes, business cards, tax rolls, contracts, invoices, bills and so on.
CamScanner features include:
- Supporting password protected documents
- Advanced document editing
- Sharing JPG/PDF files
- Text extraction from images
- Scan quality optimization
- Mobile scanning
And keep in mind that some users might face problems while sending documents through these mobile apps.
One of the main reasons for failed faxes using these apps is non-answering fax machines. So, it is a good advice to verify a working fax machine by calling the number if a fax fails to be sent.
Here as a result technologymess has came to a conclusion on Free Fax Apps for android. Up to my knowledge I had given you a clear information about the entire article. If you have any queries regarding this article kindly post them in comment box. Hence kindly help us by sharing this article in social media with your friends. Thank You. Keep tuned for some more articles.